Personal Information Disclosure Policy
Incarnate Word Academy is committed to maintaining the privacy of its: students, parents, alumnae, donors, prospective donors and other constituents. The IWA Office of Advancement exists to support relationships between IWA and its: students, parents, alumnae, donors, and other constituents to benefit the education of IWA students and faculty. This disclosure describes how the Office of Advancement manages and uses personal information to facilitate alumnae and donor involvement with the life and activities of the Academy. This disclosure is specific to the Office of Advancement and applies to information maintained about: students, parents, alumnae, prospective, current, and former donors, and other constituents.
• Personal Information Collected: The Office of Advancement collects and uses various kinds of personal information, including the following: biographical information, contact information, employment and career-related information, information relating to a person’s time at IWA and other academic institutions, volunteer and event registration/attendance information, gift and recognition information, publicly available financial information, and information concerning a person’s interests, activities, memberships, and affiliations (both within IWA and outside of IWA.) For alumnae, some of this information may be transferred from student records. You also may provide personal information directly to IWA when you interact with the Office of Advancement or other IWA offices or affiliates (e.g., when you register to attend an IWA event.)
• Use of Personal Information: The personal information collected by the Office of Advancement, or on its behalf, is collected for the primary purpose of providing you with opportunities to engage with Incarnate Word Academy. The Office of Advancement uses personal information for fundraising and engagement aimed at advancing IWA’s mission. This information helps the Academy identify philanthropic and engagement opportunities and customize communications for our constituents. For example, personal information listed in IWA’s donor database may be used to provide alumnae with information about IWA’s Alumnae Association activities.
• Sharing of Personal Information: The IWA Office of Advancement may share your personal information with directly affiliated IWA alumnae organizations (i.e., IWA Alumnae Board) and IWA departments for school-related activities only. The Office of Advancement will not use your personal information for any commercial or philanthropic purpose not specific to IWA. IWA does not: share, sell, trade, rent, market, or otherwise disclose your personal information collected on the website or through any other business activities to any third party unless necessary for a specific and direct IWA purpose, or, unless required by a court order, subpoena, or other legal requirement. The Office of Advancement will not send mailings or fundraising solicitations to any of its alumnae, parents or other constituents on behalf of any third party.
The Office of Advancement will share your gift information within the Office of Advancement units and the Office of the President in order to manage gift receipting and other Office of Advancement operations. IWA may release account information when it is believed, in good faith, that such release is reasonably necessary to (i) comply with the law, (ii) enforce or apply the terms of any of our user agreements or (iii) protect the rights, property or safety of Incarnate Word Academy, our users, or others.
• Protection of Personal Information: The Office of Advancement is committed to the security and privacy of personal information. IWA uses technologies and controls designed to maintain the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of personal information. The Office of Advancement is committed to taking reasonable and appropriate measures to safeguard the personal information IWA collects, stores, and uses.
• Individual Access and Control: You may have the right to view, amend, or request that the Office of Advancement delete personal information. You may request to opt-out of receiving any or all communications from IWA at any time. You can make such requests by sending an email to email@example.com
This Personal Information Disclosure may be updated from time to time. IWA reserves the right to change this Personal Information Disclosure without advance notice. In the event of a change in policy, IWA will note the date of modification. This version is current as of November 2019.
Questions? Contact the IWA Office of Advancement at firstname.lastname@example.org