My name is Mrs. Jordan Watson, and I am your new Director of Equity and Inclusion at Incarnate Word Academy. I am very excited to join the Incarnate Word Family!
• My role will focus on promoting diverse, equitable and inclusive communities, resources, programs, and initiatives for you and the entire IWA community.
• As your new Director of Equity and Inclusion, I promise you that I will do my best to make you feel Safe, Welcomed, Valued, Heard, and Accepted.
• I want to empower you to use your voice and assure you that your voice will be heard.
Please take a moment to investigate all the features of my webpage, including the menu items to the left and my blog entries which are shown below.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Statement
Incarnate Word Academy’s commitment to social justice, human respect, and service challenges us to raise the consciousness of our school community, to respect cultural diversity by working to promote peace and justice. IWA is called to see God in each
person and to recognize that each person brings a unique gift to the school. We want to empower our students to become equitable and inclusive leaders to the community and the increasingly diverse and global world. Creating a positive
and friendly environment where our students, alumnae, faculty, and staff feel welcomed, included and respected is at the heart of our school.
As your Director of Equity and Inclusion, I strive to…
• Celebrate and honor each unique individual and the varied experiences that are brought to the school.
• Provide resources and opportunities to engage in experiences that focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI).
• Ensure that
every voice is heard, understood, and validated by creating an environment that fosters openness and appreciation of various cultures and identities.
• Recognize the importance of continual learning to strengthen DEI best practices
• Enhance the confidence and ability for ALL to advocate for diverse, equitable, and inclusive resources and environments.
• Provide opportunities to engage in intentional reflection towards self-understanding.