Incarnate Word Academy is a college preparatory high school that strives to challenge young women of faith to achieve their God-given potential academically, physically, spiritually and emotionally, thereby empowering themselves and others to make a positive impact on our world. The school is sponsored by the Sisters of Charity of the Incarnate Word. Incarnate Word Academy is seeking applicants for the following positions for the 2017-18 school year:
Director of Development
Overview: This position is a full-time salaried position that reports directly to the President. The Development Director works with the President and the Board of Trustees in their efforts to both cultivate new donors and work with current major donors. She/he serves as a member of the President’s Cabinet and Advancement Team.
- Works with the President to prospect and cultivate individual and corporate donors and event sponsors.
- Coordinates the current Alumnae Phone-a-Thon.
- Prepares and executes with the President all fundraising campaigns.
- Researches and completes grant applications required for donations and event sponsorships when appropriate.
- Gives presentations to current and prospective donor groups.
- Under supervision of the President, and in coordination with Board of Trustees, produces and oversees all aspects of events related to donor cultivation.
- Maintains the Raiser’s Edge data base.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the President.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree required
- Knowledge of nonprofit communication strategies, with experience of successful implementation.
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years of development experience.
- Familiarity and experience with general business management including financial reporting and budgeting.
- Previous work experience in a fast-paced, small faith based organization is highly desired.
Skills and Abilities:
- Positive attitude and valued team member.
- Working knowledge and understanding of fund raising principles and practice.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully seek major gifts.
- Strong leadership skills; self-starter but team oriented; requires little direct supervision and can stay focused.
- Proven ability to engage and interact with a wide variety of people and is customer service focused.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Results oriented; resourceful with strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to understand complex partnerships and lead teams in an aspirational manner.
- Ability to work under pressure to execute short and long-term programs and special events.
- Solid management skills are a must.
- The ability to work nights and weekends as needed.
- Commitment to sustaining strong and productive working partnerships with members of the Board of Trustees, staff, administration, faculty, volunteers, consultants, and the Incarnate Word Academy Community.
- Excellent computer skills including intermediate level of proficiency or above with both - Microsoft Office and Google applications.
- A working knowledge of Raiser’s Edge donor software is desired.
APPLICATION INFORMATION: Submit a cover letter and resume to Mr. David L. McKenzie, President of Incarnate Word Academy, at firstname.lastname@example.org. All resumes and inquiries will be treated as confidential.