INCARNATE WORD ACADEMY
is now accepting applications for the position of
commencing July 1, 2012.
Incarnate Word Academy
The Academy is an outstanding, college preparatory high school with an enrollment averaging 400 female students. Founded in 1932, the school strives to challenge young women of faith to achieve their God-given potential academically, physically, spiritually and emotionally, thereby empowering themselves and others to make a positive impact on our world. The school is sponsored by the Sisters of Charity of the Incarnate Word and is located in Bel-Nor, MO, a suburb of the city of St. Louis on fifteen acres bordering the southwest boundary of the University of Missouri, St. Louis.
Provides leadership, overall direction and administration of school operations, finance, and fundraising. Interprets and applies policies of IWA Board of Trustees and the Sisters of Charity of the Incarnate Word. Guides and develops strategic planning initiatives and evaluates results in terms of objectives achieved. Is hired, reviewed and accountable to IWA Board of Trustees and the Sisters of Charity of the Incarnate Word.
A. JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Perform all duties within the limits of the school's mission, by-laws and board policies.
2. Prepare short- and long-term objectives to maintain the viability of the school, with a strong focus on enrollment and fundraising. Initiate plans and programs for attainment of stated objectives.
3. Develop and maintain a sound plan of organization. Select and appoint immediate administrative and staff personnel, and delegate to each, the responsibility and authority for performance of their assigned duties.
4. Ensure that adequate organizational plans, procedures and accountabilities are employed in all areas of the school to make possible the attainment of their goals and implementation of the Strategic Plan for Mission Integration and Academic Excellence.
5. Delegate portion of president's responsibilities and authority when necessary, but may neither delegate overall responsibility for results nor any portion of accountability.
6. Submit annual budget and proposed capital/extraordinary expenditures to board for approval. Report ongoing progress to board/congregation at least quarterly.
7. Ensure that appropriate reports regarding student achievement, accreditation status, fundraising activities, budget, marketing and recruitment endeavors and buildings and grounds maintenance are regularly shared with board.
8. Refer to board all matters of major importance for the purpose of securing guidance, authorization or decision.
9. Strive to ensure just administration of wage and salary policies and structures, employee benefit plans, and personnel evaluation programs.
10. Collaborate with board chairperson and committee chairpersons to develop board and committee meeting schedules and agendas. Attend board and appropriate committee meetings.
11. Maintain a mutual communication system with board chairperson to meet each other's needs and to discuss and review major developments and plans related to and/or having an effect on school operations, the students, and academic programs.
12. Perform special assignments as requested by board chairperson and/or board or sponsoring organization.
13. Represent the school in civil and ecclesiastical forums.
14. Execute all legal documents in the name of the school, a Missouri 501 (c) 3, not-for-profit organization.
15. Serve as primary liaison/ambassador to school constituents, other educational institutions/organizations, and the community-at-large.
16. Perform other duties as assigned.
a. Masters degree or Doctorate in Administration Management with an emphasis in education preferred.
b. A degree/certification in Marketing, Public Relations, Communications, Fundraising or Business degree would
be acceptable if experience and knowledge are considered applicable to this position.
c. Knowledge of and commitment to single-sex education with a Catholic identity.
a. Team player
b. Volunteer board experience
c. Strong managerial and administrative skills
d. Diplomatic/effective communicator
a. Embodies integrity and high moral responsibility.
b. Demonstrates analytical ability, with the incisiveness to ask discerning questions.
c. Employs a collaborative approach when reviewing new projects and evaluating ongoing endeavors.
d. Promotes overall school achievements rather than one area of special interest.
e. Works well with administration, faculty, and staff to achieve group cohesiveness and strategic objectives.
f. Willingness to commit the time required to perform the duties of school president.
g. Ability to motivate all constituents to support IWA with their time, treasure and skills.
h. Practicing Catholic with commitment to serving others, particularly the less fortunate, and to model these behaviors to the IWA community.
Send letter stating personal interest in this position and a comprehensive resume to:
INCARNATE WORD ACADEMY, P.O. Box 135, Chesterfield, MO 63006-0135.
*NO PHONE CALLS OR EMAILS, please.
Thank you for your interest in Incarnate Word Academy.
Applications accepted until position filled.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
View the video below to witness the IWA spirit.